Saturday, March 11, 2017

Proposed Changes to the Rules of Golf

Dear readers,

I imagine most of you are well aware by now that the USGA and R&A have published a long list of proposed changes to the Rules of Golf. If you haven’t had a chance to review them, they are available at usga.org (click on “Modernizing Golf’s Rules”) and randa.org.

There are many radical proposals, and I’m sure you will enjoy debating their merits with your friends. Please remember that they are proposals; it remains to be seen which ones will eventually be adopted.

Since my columns are all about explaining the rules that are presently in effect, I will not discuss any of the new proposals on the blog. When the governing bodies publish a revised rulebook, I will do my best to explain all of the changes to you.

Regards,
Linda