Monday, February 29, 2016

Back from Rules School at Valley Forge

Dear readers,

I’m back, and will resume posting tomorrow.

The workshop was very intense; the instructors were well prepared and injected enough occasional humor to lighten the load. Here’s hoping my future columns will be enriched by my newly acquired insights.

My workshop mates were a delightful group. I spent the breaks chatting with a Spanish journalist who reports on the four golf majors, a former LPGA player who won eight tournaments on tour (including a major), a greenkeeper from a world famous golf course, and a very charming Ask Linda subscriber from Virginia, as well as referees, handicap chairmen, tournament directors, and a few novices in the golf world. I couldn’t have ordered up a more congenial, involved group.

Thanks again.

Until tomorrow,
Linda