Thursday, September 24, 2015

Ask Linda #1156-Movable 150-yard markers

Linda, our 150 markers are moveable obstructions just sitting in a sleeve. I am in some trees but have a low shot out. About 10 feet in front of me is a 150 marker! I only have a small gap and a good chance of hitting this marker! Can I remove it??? It is not interfering with my stance or swing.

Many thanks,
Lulu

Dear Lulu,

A player may remove a movable obstruction at any time. Naturally, that includes a removable 150-yard marker on her line of play [Rule 24-1].

There is no free relief from an immovable obstruction on the player’s line of play. A player is only entitled to free relief from an immovable obstruction if her ball lies in or on the obstruction, or the obstruction interferes with the player’s stance or swing [Rule 24-2].

Linda
Copyright © 2015 Linda Miller. All rights reserved.