Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A note to my readers

Dear readers,

I have received an unusually high number of questions lately. So many, in fact, that I have answers lined up to post five days a week from now through the end of next August!

Please keep in mind that I am committed to answering every question I receive. I am a one-woman operation, and I’m starting to get overwhelmed. I would ask the following considerations from you:

1. Please limit your questions to a maximum of one per month.

2. Please write to me as a last resort, not a first. Before you send me a question:
a. Check the Rulebook and the Decisions book to try to find the answer.                                            
b. Call the USGA (the R&A outside the United States) and ask to speak to a rules’ official. The phone number of the USGA is: (908) 234-2300.
c. Talk to your pro. Be sure to ask for a specific rule reference when you receive an answer; verify the information yourself in the Rulebook.

Thank you for your understanding,
Linda