Saturday, April 28, 2012

Ask Linda #451-Sharing a rangefinder


Linda,

Would it be considered "sharing equipment" if I let my competitor/friend have my rangefinder in the middle of a monthly tournament when hers went dead? The person riding in my cart had one as well, so we had one to spare. I didn't want to take any chances, so I told her no but I would be glad to give her yardages from her ball.

What's the rule on that?

Thanks,
Lulu 

Dear Lulu,

There is nothing in the Rules to prohibit you from lending your rangefinder to another player. It would actually be a sportsmanlike gesture and would help with the pace of play.

You may share just about anything but your clubs, including tees, balls, towels, sunscreen, and your lunch!

Linda
Copyright © 2012 Linda Miller. All rights reserved.